To install the SekChek Local software on your PC
- Unzip the contents of file SekChekLocal.zip to an empty directory on your PC
- Create a short-cut to file SekChekLocal.exe on your Desktop (optional)
- Click on SekChekLocal.exe, or the short-cut on your Desktop, to start SekChek
- Reply ‘Yes’ if you are prompted to install the encryption library (Capicom.dll)
- To install SekChek's sample reports (SekChekLocalSamples.zip), simply unzip the contents of the file to a directory on your PC.
- ‘Run As’ Administrator if your account does not have sufficient privileges to install the encryption library.
- To ‘Run As’: Right-click on SekChekLocal.exe, select ‘Run as...’, enter the logon credentials of an account with system administration privileges.
SekChek Local will run on Windows 2000 (or later) with IE 5.5 (or later).
However, you can analyse any target Host that runs Windows NT4, 20XX, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10.
SekChek’s reporting features require MS-Office 2003 or later.
The instructions on this page are also included in the ReadMe.txt file inside SekChekLocal.zip
For full documentation, click ‘Help’ on the toolbar or press the F1 key while running SekChek.
Keeping the software current and up-to-date
New versions of the software, containing new features and fixes, are released on a regular basis.
You can ensure your installed version of SekChek is always up-to-date by enabling SekChek’s auto-update option, located under: Options | Check for Software Updates on Load.
When this option is enabled, SekChek will automatically check www.sekchek.com for a later version each time the software is started. If a later version of the software is available, SekChek will prompt to download and install it.
You can also perform a manual check via: Help | Check for Updates.