To install the SekChek Classic software on your PC
- If you have an older version of SekChek Classic installed on your PC, you must remove it before starting the installation process. You can do this via Programs and Features in Windows’ Control Panel.
- Execute the installation package (file SekClient.exe) on your PC. Follow the prompts.
- Remember to use the Administrator account for the software installation process.
- The setup routine will install the required Dlls and SekChek’s digital (encryption) certificate on your PC.
- It will also add an entry to your Start Menu, for easy access to the SekChek software.
- To ‘Run As Administrator’: Right-click on SekClient.exe, select ‘Run as...’, enter the logon credentials of an account with system administration privileges.
SekChek Classic will run on Windows 2000 (or later) with IE 5.5 (or later).
However, the Scan software created by SekChek Classic will execute on OS/400, Windows, Active Directory, UNIX and Netware.
For more details, see Platforms supported by the Scan software.
For full documentation, click ‘Help’ on the toolbar or press the F1 key while running SekChek.
Keeping the software current and up-to-date
New versions of the software, containing new features and fixes, are released on a regular basis.
You can ensure your installed version of SekChek is always up-to-date by enabling SekChek’s auto-update option, located under: Options | Check for Software Updates on Load.
When this option is enabled, SekChek will automatically check www.sekchek.com for a later version each time the software is started. If a later version of the software is available, SekChek will prompt to download and install it.
You can also perform a manual check via: Help | Check for Updates.