View library of free security tools
Encrypts and decrypts any file using symmetric, password-based encryption techniques and advanced (AES, 3DES) encryption algorithms.
To encrypt a file
- Select the file in SekChek’s Working Directory
- Click Tools | Encrypt (or right-click on the file and select Encrypt File)
- Enter a pass-phrase that will be used to encrypt the file
SekChek will create the encrypted file with an SDE file association (suffix).
To decrypt a file
- Select the encrypted SDE file in SekChek’s Working Directory
- Click Tools | Decrypt (or right-click on the file and select Decrypt File)
- Enter the same pass-phrase that was used to encrypt the file
SekChek will decrypt the SDE file and create a clear text file with the same name as the original file.
View Encrypted File Header (EFH)
An EFH contains useful information about an encrypted file, such as the software that was used to create the file and the time that the file was encrypted.
To view the EFH for an encrypted (SDE) file:
- Select an encrypted SDE file in SekChek’s Working Directory
- Click View | EFH (or right-click on the file and select View EFH)